Mike deWerd >>> Vice President, Property Management
With more than thirty years of affordable housing experience, Mike deWerd oversees the growth and management of Impact Seven’s rental portfolio. Under his leadership, the department has developed special expertise in managing operations, reporting, and fiscal compliance with affordable housing funding sources including US Housing and Urban Development, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, USDA Rural Development, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago AHP and others. In addition, Mike’s staff manage market rate housing units as well as commercial and industrial properties. Property management systems are inclusive of best practices meeting high performance standards.
Mike deWerd holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the College of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. In addition, he has earned a number of certifications during his career, including:
- CHAM (Consortium for Housing and Asset Management) Certification
- NCHM (National Center for Housing Management) Coursework
- Non-profit Housing Management Specialist Certification
- Certified Occupancy Manager
- Assisted Housing Manager and a Spectrum Training Tax Credit and Section 505 Award Recipient